At Porter Law Group, our mission is to efficiently and cost-effectively provide our clients with the best legal services available in construction law, labor and employment law, and business formation and management. We seek to be the paramount authority in our areas of emphasis. At all times, we strive to maintain an open door of communication with our clients and respond to questions and inquiries as quickly as possible. We work to earn our clients’ confidence that we will pursue their legal matters to a just, favorable, and cost-effective solution.
Our Principles Guide Us
- We lead the industry in our areas of emphasis.
- We pursue strategy with a view towards efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- We maintain open lines of communication with our clients.
- We respond to client questions and suggestions promptly and respectfully.
- We write and speak publicly to clarify legal matters affecting our specialties.
- We provide our clients with useful resources.
- We strive to establish long-term relationships.
- We maintain the highest ethical and professional standards.
- We support our community as individuals and as a firm.
- We become an integral part of our clients’ success.
Porter Law Group represents more than 1,000 businesses, clients throughout California and the West. Some have their main offices in other states but have California operations. Some also operate outside the United States, although the Porter Law Group practices law exclusively in California.
Our construction clients include general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, insurers, architects, engineers and other design professionals, construction service providers, developers, public agencies, private companies and nonprofit organizations.
Our labor and employment clients and business clients include businesses both large and small, developers, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, wholesalers, transportation companies, architects, engineers, retailers, entrepreneurs, television stations, car dealerships, insurance agencies, trade associations, hotels, mortgage lenders, nonprofit organizations and many others.
Porter Law Group takes pride in delivering personal, timely attention to our clients. We have earned the confidence of our clients by delivering cost-effective and forthright attention to their legal matters, from simple questions to complex litigation. For more information, please refer to our practice areas and attorney resumes.
Porter Law Group has actively supported construction trade organizations since our founding. Whether meeting with government representatives regarding current or pending legislation, helping draft statutory changes or new legislation or creating forms and other materials useful to the construction industry, we remain at the cutting edge of changes important to construction interests. We speak regularly before many of these organizations to provide important and timely information to their members. We are very proud of our active involvement in the following professional organizations:
- Associated General Contractors of California (AGC) – Delta Sierra District
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) – Golden Gate Chapter
- American Subcontractors Association of California (ASAC) – Government Relations Committee and Construction Industry Legislative Council
- Associated Subcontractors Alliance (ASA) – Sacramento Chapter, Legal Counsel | Board Member
- California Professional Association of Specialty Contractors (CALPASC)
- American Bar Association – Forum on the Construction Industry
- American Institute of Inspectors – Past Board Member
- Real Estate & Construction Networking (RECON)
- Sacramento Country Bar Associations – Multiple Sections
- Sacramento Regional Builders Exchange
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada
We at Porter Law Group believe that each individual has the power to make a difference in our community. By giving back – with our time, energy and financial resources – we can help our community grow and thrive. By helping others, we enrich our own lives and spirits.
Our attorneys and staff participate in many community activities and organizations as board members, donors and volunteers. We are honored to support the following organizations:
- Families for Children, past President, current Board of Directors
- Children’s Receiving Home of Sacramento, past Board of Directors
- Rotary Club of Sacramento, Youth Incentive Program, a founding member and mentor
- Rotary Club of Sacramento and Rotary International Foundations
- My Sister’s House – A Safe Haven for Women and Children
- Turning Point Community Programs
- Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
- Boy Scouts of America
- Girl Scouts of America
- Carmichael Little League
- Christmas in April